Subject: [Leica] Prop preparation
From: geebee at geebeephoto.com (GeeBee)
Date: Thu Oct 6 10:23:58 2005

Much has been made of the way I use props to improve composition and I make
no apology for it. To my way of thinking if a shot can be improved by a
plastic flamingo then in it goes. I am willing to admit that the crocodile I
used to beef up my Florida holiday snaps was overly ambitious and it was
certainly not my intention to choke the Burmese Python.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/4313978.stm

As the props became heavier I made the move to inflatables to make
carrying them easier but as I became more ambitious and moved up from sheep
to cattle I felt that I needed some help. The result is that I now have a
dedicated team to help me.

Whenever I have the opportunity my team and I make for high ground and I
discuss the feasibility of prop placement within the frame with Gupta my
team leader. The set up is made easier if we can initially locate by a river
or stream, this allows the team members to inflate the props and they are
then able to float them downstream into the areas where they will best
enhance the composition of the photograph.

I realise that this may take some visualising if you are not on a class 'A'
drug so to help I took a shot of the team in action.

http://www.geebeephoto.com/2005/Props.htm

--Graham

Replies: Reply from pdzwig at summaventures.com (Peter Dzwig) ([Leica] Prop preparation)
Reply from philippe.orlent at pandora.be (Philippe Orlent) ([Leica] Prop preparation)