Subject: [Leica] Sailing
From: philippe.orlent at pandora.be (Philippe Orlent)
Date: Tue Oct 4 06:43:08 2005

As promised, I offer you some sailing shots from our trip last weekend.

It was our last trip with this boat. The owner doesn't find time anymore to
set sail more than 2 times per year, so each trip is a bit too expensive.
It really is a pity, because we had a yearly tradition to do a tour on the
Grevelingen with these 4 guys. I guess next year we'll rent a boat...

Prior to selling, the owner brought his ship to the wharf to have some
repairs done. One of the repairs was getting the deck back in tip top shape:
http://tinyurl.com/9vke4

A bit later we left the harbor. An important issue on the water is
dehydratation. So it's very important to keep your body fluids on level:
http://tinyurl.com/cnqe3

Sometimes we use the autopilot and just enjoy being on the water:
http://tinyurl.com/9q4ta

But ofcourse, most of the time somebody is at the wheel:
http://tinyurl.com/axek2

To get maximum speed, the trim of the sails has to be regulary checked:
http://tinyurl.com/bm5x8

Damn, where's the pilot again?:
http://tinyurl.com/cdpee

That's better:
http://tinyurl.com/77bh4

We sailed into very shallow water, and since we some bad weather was
arriving, we decided to do this on motor and not under sail:
http://tinyurl.com/by5uv

In such circumstances, it is important to keep track of the buoys marking
the waterway:
http://tinyurl.com/boe7m

And look up the particularities of the lake in the almanac:
http://tinyurl.com/8hlq6

But finally we arrived safe and sound at "Dwars in den Weg", a tiny island
just before Brouwershaven. We had the pontoon all for ourselves:
http://tinyurl.com/ampqr

Except for the true inhabitants of the island:
http://tinyurl.com/cme9l

This was our compensation for having sweated in those damn waters:
http://tinyurl.com/8jfw4

Time for dinner. One of us tried to catch some fish. Despite his
concentration without much result:
http://tinyurl.com/aejx3

Luckily I cooked a meal that everybody seemed to like:
http://tinyurl.com/c39d9

The day after, we had a technical problem with the foresail. The lightest
one had to get up to repair it:
http://tinyurl.com/bykwe

It was rather high:
http://tinyurl.com/d8j6x

You really need some steel nerves to do repairs up there:
http://tinyurl.com/a5koj

But finally things got done properly, and we sailed off again. The skipper
asked me to take some beauty shots of his ship to help the sale:
http://tinyurl.com/cg7ay
http://tinyurl.com/9rmlv
http://tinyurl.com/brb4p
http://tinyurl.com/agzr7

And meanwhile I took 2 beauty shots of our surroundings, too:
http://tinyurl.com/93wao
http://tinyurl.com/8mct7

Everything with the Leica Digilux 2. Basic PS work in the tradition of
Nathan :-)

Comments appreciated.
Thanks for looking,
Philippe