Subject: [Leica] Contact Sheets from Costco!
From: aaron.sandler at duke.edu (Aaron Sandler)
Date: Sun Oct 2 17:04:20 2005

Maybe I'm the last person in the world to discover this, but...contact
sheets are not dead!

I had been dreaming about being able to look over contact sheets of my
recent rolls while sitting in a cafe, and wishing that the little 4"x6"
index prints that the one-hour lab I use at the local Costco always makes
were big enough to be useful.  I knew they could print 8x12s, so I thought
there was no harm in asking whether they could make an 'index print' that
size.  "Of course," they said.  So, today I got my first digital versions
of contact sheets from my latest rolls and they're fantastic.  They're
cheap ($1.50 each!!!) and, even better, they are slightly enlarged and
easier to edit than a normal contact sheet!  What a revelation.

So, now for my C-41 film, I will add the 8x12 'index print' to my standard
order of develop and scan to CD with all automatic adjustments turned
off.  No prints, thank you very much.  Grand total (with tax) $7.50 per
roll, easy to edit, and enough quality for posting to the web.  Not bad at
all...might even make up for the increasing film costs!

Hope someone finds this useful,
Aaron

Replies: Reply from mvolo at acpub.duke.edu (Michael Volow) ([Leica] Contact Sheets from Costco!)
Reply from kididdoc at cox.net (Steve Barbour) ([Leica] Contact Sheets from Costco!)