Subject: [Leica] dmr at 1600
From: imagist at imagist.cnc.net (George Lottermoser)
Date: Fri Sep 30 10:27:09 2005

> Lovely shot, Robert - but noise that you wouldn't see in a Canon 20D
or
> MKII
> at even 3200, particularly in a virtually shadowless shot.

Simply not true BD. If I crank down the in-camera filtering on my 20d
and shoot raw at 1600 - I've got very similar noise. If let the camera
make decisions about noise filteration - I have the illusion of noise
reduction at the expense of sharpness and detail. Fact this dmr is
producing extremely hi-quality digital files competitive with the best
35mm digigear out there. And in terms of color accuracy, neutrals and
skin tones - it is delivering files competitive with the medium format
pro backs.

regards, George

Replies: Reply from geebee at geebeephoto.com (GeeBee) ([Leica] dmr at 1600)