Subject: [Leica] trip to france
From: jblack at ambio.net (John Black)
Date: Fri Sep 23 09:24:38 2005

Thanks to Nathan and Steve, et al, who kindly advised me on my upcoming trip
to St. Malo France.  I was surprised to find out how cool it is there now, I
will dress accordingly.

I seriously considered going hard core and radical this time,
photographically, and just taking my trusty M3 with new version 50/2.8
collapsible Elmar and Tri-X alone to be as minimalist as possible.  When I
restrict myself to this combo, I generally get many more good keepers per
roll than if I take a kit.  Can't quite bring myself to do it this time
though, but the kit I will have is quite small all of it, M7, 50/1.4 Asph,
28 Summicron and 90/4 collapsible Elmar (new) will fit in a bag 6X6X3 inches
and the whole weighs 4.5 lbs.  Two extra rolls of film also will fit making
3 rolls with the one in the camera.  Hoods are on all lenses also.

Wish me luck, I will post some pix when I return.

JB

Replies: Reply from kididdoc at cox.net (Steve Barbour) ([Leica] trip to france)