Subject: [Leica] Voigtlander question
From: douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp)
Date: Fri Sep 23 08:38:35 2005

I beg to differ, Didier,
here in Hannover, the recognised centre of "Hochdeutsch", the
pronunciation is with a softened g (aspirant, not guttural) and the "oi"
is simply pronounced as "o"
As  close as we can get is the   sound of the  English  "foe", then a
sound a little like the noise you make breathing on to your lens to
clean it,then a "t" and  finishing off with "lender" Foe- g -t- lender.
My secretary Frau Voigt would, and does, get annoyed at people who
pronounce her name "foicht",foiGt or "foischt".
She'll accept  "fohscht" but only from people originating from the
depths of southern Germany, Austria or Switzerland.
cheers
Douglas (with a hard gaelic g)

Message from rangefinder at screengang.com (Didier Ludwig) ([Leica] Voigtlander question)