Subject: [Leica] What causes blocked up shadow?
From: richard-lists at imagecraft.com (Richard)
Date: Tue Sep 20 20:35:51 2005

With the last roll of Tri X soaped in Xtol 1+1 (e.g. I have been using the
same combo with much success), some of the pictures have really bad looking
shadow. Here's a 100% crop:
http://www.dragonsgate.net/pub/richard/tmp/badshadow.jpg

Ignore the dust specks etc. It's like any portion of the faces in the shade
looks like that. I have other pictures taken at the same times and they
look fine as long as they are not under strong shade.

Is it incorrect development time or temperture? I have tried scanning with
both the Nikon LS-4000 and the Minolta 5400 with no discernable differences.

Thanks.

use richard at imagecraft.com)

Replies: Reply from dstate1 at hotmail.com (Dan States) ([Leica] What causes blocked up shadow?)
Reply from dlridings at gmail.com (Daniel Ridings) ([Leica] What causes blocked up shadow?)