Subject: [Leica] Two simple questions
From: ericm at pobox.com (Eric)
Date: Sat Sep 17 13:07:36 2005

Bill:

>What portable light table and loupe (brand/ magnification) are recommended
>for the amatuer enthusiast?

I have a light table from Light Impressions that says Spectrum 5000 on its
side.  It was less than $100 and still going strong after 10-15 years.  I
have a Peak 10x scale loupe that was also under $100 and about the same age.

I'm happy with both.

As to your question about correcting focusing errors after the fact.
Depends on how irreplaceable the shot is.  If it's something that can be
restaged, I wouldn't bother with it.  Toss it out and shoot it again.

If it's a priceless image that you can't reshoot, I'd talk to some digital
restoration experts.  I suspect that anything an out-of-the-box software
package can do is fairly limited compared to what a true expert could do for
you.

--
Eric
http://canid.com/