Subject: [Leica] Black Paint M cameras
From: jblack at ambio.net (John Black)
Date: Fri Sep 16 13:25:34 2005

> Excellent decision, you will learn lots.
>
> You might be able to find cheap examples of black painted Leica items such
as MR meters or LTM cameras, to see how hard the paint is.

<snip>

Pardon my ignorance, but might it be possible to put a powdercoat finish on
a camera?  Is it too thick for clearances or does it involve more heat than
the brass should have?

I understand that powdercoat is more durable than paint, is this true?

JB