Subject: [Leica] M4 question
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Thu Sep 15 16:51:51 2005

Vick Ko asked:
> Ted,
> > How did the M5's do?<<

Hi Vic,
They worked fine, actually they gave me great exposures because of the built
in metering.
I got to where I rarely if ever took any extra meter readings and just shot
away.

But when the M6 became available I switched to them... actually if I'd have
known what kind of dollar value the M5's would draw many years later I
should've kept them just for re-sale if nothing else. ;-)

Then along came the M7 almost 15 years later without any failure from the M6
and I switched again!  :-) Simply because of the super accuracy of the M7 AE
lock exposure system that allowed me to totally concentrate on the moment
and give next to nothing of thought to the exposure..

As I've said before, the 3 M7's made shooting the book "Women in Medicine" a
piece of cake because I basically shot everything on AE with nothing more
than a glance at shutter speed as it flashed in the view finder and shot! A
true and simple P&S! Although expensive. ;-)

I'm sure at least one of them will go with me to other side when the time
comes along with 100 rolls of film! ;-)

ted

Replies: Reply from jshul at comcast.net (Jim Shulman) ([Leica] M4 question)