Subject: [Leica] B&W Image scanning
From: kobrins at gmail.com (stephen Kobrin)
Date: Thu Sep 15 05:59:20 2005

I think that whether to scan in RGB or grayscale is very scanner and film
dependent. If find that with my Coolscan LS-2000 I get much better results
(particularly in terms of the tonal range) when I scan in RGB. I use
chromogenic films most of the time.
 File size should not be an issue. I do not save the scanned file until I
have converted to grayscale. While I have never had much luck with it, there
are those that argue that scanning the neg as a positive and then inverting
in PS is the way to go.
 Steve