Subject: [Leica] DMR test in British Journal of Photography
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Fri Sep 9 05:31:41 2005

If you were to look at the image on a print, the smoothing filters ( low
pass filters with some manipulation of the actual pixels) could be applied
there.  You would never know if there were problems.  It would be pretty
easy.
If you were to look at a "slide", then again the filters could be used there
in the viewing software..

But if you were to look at the direct unmanipulated pixels, then you would
see the artifacts, IF you were knowledgeable to know what it is you were
looking at and your monitor were high enough resolution to see it.  We
already have reports from our own members, and they did not notice
artifacts, or at least, I do not remember them noting the issue.  SO you
have a group of very conscious users who praised the camera.  Sounds like a
good marketing test.  The camera passed.

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net