Subject: [Leica] google eyes removal
From: neilsimages at pipeline.com (Neil Schneider)
Date: Wed Sep 7 16:48:57 2005

On Sep 7, 2005, at 12:50 PM, Andy Ford wrote:

> Hello:
>
> Could someone please tell me how to remove the google eyes from a 35mm
> Summaron lens without damaging something?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Andy

Just remove the two screws that hold it onto the lens, but be advised
it will never focus without the "google eyes" although
it will show as focused in the finder. Has to do with focusing cams and
a lot of other stuff I don't understand.

Neil

"Predicting the future is mostly a matter of managing not to blink as
you witness the present" -- William Gibson