Subject: [Leica] Jeffery is OK/ answering JB
From: jblack at ambio.net (John Black)
Date: Thu Sep 1 08:06:56 2005

> John,
> I  beg to contradict you, that was not a snide remark, far from it

<snip>

You'll get no argument from me about the military's ability for rapid
deployment and rescue.  Complaint about your post was that you needlessly
commented on the use of the military as an instrument of foreign policy,
whether in wartime or peace.  Have you been in the military?  It is an
obligate hierarchy acting only on orders from (in the case of the USA) the
civilian authorities.  The impression I took from your post was that you
were criticizing the military for not acting immediately on their own,
without orders, either in NOLA or other countries around the world.

Criticize the civilian authorities if you wish for not sending in the
Marines in a timely fashion but do not judge the soldiers for acting without
orders.

JB

Message from douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp) ([Leica] Jeffery is OK)
Message from jblack at ambio.net (John Black) ([Leica] Jeffery is OK)