Subject: [Leica] Re: beta impressions of DMR
From: FELIXMATURANA at telefonica.net (Félix López de Maturana)
Date: Wed Aug 31 06:53:54 2005

>have a look here for a very interesting thread/review of a DMR vs
>Canon 1DsMkII, both using Leica lenses.  One could conclude that the
>DMR wins.
>
>http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/267995/21
>
>Rick.

I've read, paying a lot of attention,  the *complete* thread and the
results seem to be much better than Mr. Puts analysis however they are
strongly contested by other members mainly about differences in
metering, importance of AA filter or its absence and the relative
importance of 16 bites dynamic range.. I have made at home many, many
tests and the problem is that there so many variables to take in count
that the value of the conclusions rarely are definitive. The best way to
find out the true value of the DMR is getting one and making oneself
extensive tests. Fortunately the DMR is strongly back ordered so I can
get many more well founded opinions before getting mine and, just is
case they are truly negative, cancel the order.

Felix

Replies: Reply from s.jessurun95 at chello.nl (animal) ([Leica] Re: beta impressions of DMR)