Subject: [Leica] Musical Instruments
From: msmall at aya.yale.edu (Marc James Small)
Date: Sun Aug 28 16:53:52 2005

At 06:07 PM 8/28/05 -0400, Tina Manley wrote:
>My husband is not the only one who buys nice gifts.  I bought him a
>1940's Gibson from an antique store and he plays it every day. ;-)

Tina

I once played a rather mean blues harmonica but that was forty years back.
I do own a really fine Hohner Accordion but my wife has assured me that if
I ever play it, she will be vaporware, instat.

However, she does play the piano and I inherited a fine electric organ from
my dead parents, so she assuages her guilt by guesting me to spirituals,
old standards, and the like.  I generally flee to my Bird House home office
and crank up NPR classical music offerings to drown out this, but that is
an issue for a different day.

And there was a time when I goofed about with various banjo forms and uses
but that was, again, four decades or more ago.  Somewhere in my mess, I
still have my Dad's banjo but, at this remove, I do not recall whether it
is a four or five string model:  I vaguely have reason to believe that it
is a four-string model but, then, the last time I used it was before my San
Francisco days, back in that summer of love, and everything before that is
a bit, well, ghosted by what came after.

Music is great.  That is why I own a lot of CD players.  And there is some
really great stuff available, such as Zappa's THING FISH or the GYOTO
MONKS.  I want my wife to keep me, so I suspect I'll keep that accordion in
the attic and keep my harmonicas in a rsting mode.

Marc

msmall@aya.yale.edu
Cha robh b?s fir gun ghr?s fir!

NEW FAX NUMBER:  +540-343-8505

Message from jon.stanton at comcast.net (jon.stanton@comcast.net) ([Leica] Leica future and diehard fans)
Message from images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] Leica future and diehard fans)