Subject: [Leica] leica branded lenses
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Fri Aug 26 05:44:14 2005

It focuses to infinity.  I have one of Stpehen's and it works just fine.
You lose all automation, but then again, there was no automation in a 400
F6,8 Telyt lens.

I quote...

Leica M Rangefinder Visoflex Lenses and Lens Heads to Modern SLRs:  These
are GREAT superbly made adapters allowing Leica M Visoflex long lenses and
older 65 to 135 Leica M lens heads to mount on modern SLRs.  Just use the
same mount configuration you would to mount your lens on a Visoflex 2 or 3,
and use this adapter to mount it on your favorite SLR instead.  No glass
elements, infinity focusing.  Stop down TTL ambient light or flash metering,
as well as stop down AE priority operation is available IF your particular
SLR body allows it.

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net

I am sure it is physically possible to mount a Leica lens on a Nikon
body, but I am pretty sure that you lose infinity focus or something
like that. I believe it is explained on Stephen Gandy's site.

Nathan

Replies: Reply from director at ubi.edu (Lucien) ([Leica] leica branded lenses)