Subject: [Leica] anti-leica
From: bdcolen at comcast.net (B. D. Colen)
Date: Thu Aug 25 12:43:43 2005

I would hardly suggest that you and Doug are fan boys - you're serious
photographers who use Leica gear. And my initial point was precisely that
given the number of folks hanging Leica glass on Canon bodies, the key to
Leica's survival may be in making that glass more appealing to owners of
non-Leica systems.

As to not having used the gear - I chose not to go the R8-9 route because
after handling the camera, the ergonomics and feature set were very
unsatisfying to me. Quite obviously, given the relative success of the M
system versus the sales curve of the R system, many other potential users
feel similarly - although for those who do use it, it is obviously ideal.