Subject: [Leica] New Jupiter arrives
From: pswango at att.net (pswango@att.net)
Date: Wed Aug 24 13:34:19 2005

While I was having lunch today the postman knocked on the door bearing a
package from Russia.  My Jupiter-8 has arrived, the result of an Eb*y
transaction a few weeks ago.  It is exactly as the seller described, and
packed so that it could easily have survived a drop from an airplane.  I'm
surprised at the build quality, smoothness of focus and aperture controls,
and the condition of the glass.  Also, it's very light -- only 4.25 oz.(120
gm), barely heavier than a collapsible elmar (4.0 oz), pretty impressive for
a 50mm f/2.  I'm off to shoot a roll this afternoon and hope to have images
to post in a day or so.  Hoping for the best, though I have been warned
about uneven QC on this model.  We'll see.  Anyway, it only cost $20 plus
shipping.

Thanks to Daniel Ridings for posting his Jupiter images and giving me the
idea in the first place.

If anyone wants the name of the seller I can dig it up.

Replies: Reply from dlridings at gmail.com (Daniel Ridings) ([Leica] New Jupiter arrives)