Subject: [Leica] Catching up PAW 31
From: pdzwig at summaventures.com (Peter Dzwig)
Date: Tue Aug 23 02:21:25 2005

Don Dory wrote:
> Peter,
> I think this scene is one that you should return to again and again.

I had actually thought of that. It's somewhere I pass fairly frequently, but
without the oppportunity to get such a clear shot which shows all the detail
on
the sign against the sky.

> Similar place but with a much more dramatic sky.  Opposite time of day
> with the signs shadow in the sand with a composition going out to the
> sky.  A wider view with all of the shadow leading off to the left and
> enough of the beach to establish location.  Possibly a color shot at
> sunset/sunrise shot from a very low position to silhouette the sign
> against the sky.

Interesting suggestions; part of the problem is the barrier that you can see
in
the picture; its counterpart is at the other side of the road, which is
actually
a jetty where cars queue for the ferry.

> I guess what I am saying is that it is a good enough image, but that
> there is a much stronger image there.  Yes, you were on holiday with
> the family and were probably hearing something to the effect that you
> should finish up and come along.

surely not.... :-) Actually on this occasion I was on my own.

Great, but if you can, go back and
> work on the image that could be there.

I will do, but it is getting the opportunity - and time - to do it. See your
comment above!!

Thanks,

Peter

PS As you seem to know so much about the circumstances, do **you ** know
where
my missing roll of exposed film is?

Replies: Reply from don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory) ([Leica] Catching up PAW 31)
Message from don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory) ([Leica] Catching up PAW 31)