Subject: [Leica] Corrosion on Rear Door of M?
From: john.o.newell at comcast.net (John O. Newell)
Date: Wed Aug 17 13:29:56 2005

> I recall looking at a black M6 a while back...had that same sort of
> 'pimples' of corrosion under the finish on the top cover...I seem to
> recall reading that it was caused by perspiration...

Craig, thanks.  That's interesting.  It sounds plausible, but is
inconsistent with the rest of the camera.  There are some old LUG posts
about problems with the early zinc plating that caused this kind of problem,
but those go back to the first use of zinc top covers, much earlier than the
M6.  I didn't find any posts about corroding backs in the archives.  If
anyone's experienced, or heard of, this problem on the backs, I'm interested
in knowing what you learned.

Thanks
John Newell