Subject: [Leica] More new Leica pics....#7 - #10
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Tue Aug 16 08:15:35 2005

Ken Frazier said:
> Don't scare me, Ric!!!
> What kind of recalibration does an Apple Cinema display require?
> I haven't recalibrated mine, and maybe I'm missing something.<<<

Hey Ken,
This stuff about calibration and other words and worries I don't have a clue
what they mean, other than I think "calibration" means re-set or fine tune
or something like that with the screen, computer, whatever.

But this kind of stuff goes along with my general thoughts of ...

A) if ain't really broke and yer happy with the machine out of the box don't
mess with it!"

B) If you like what you see leave it alone.

C) if you think there's something wrong don't mess with it. Get someone
who's a cracker jack
    fixer to come fix it right there in your face. Saves great attacks of
anxiety due to maybe you'll
    screw it up, make it worse, then not know how to get it back to where it
originally was. :-(

Look at it this way you know how to take pictures, the computer guy knows
computers, ;-) so let him worry about fixin' it while you go have fun taking
pictures. :-)

When he's got it ready to roll pay the bill and start printing or whatever
he fixed, adjusted.

I take pictures, not mess with computers, screens or printers, life's way
too short for messin' with something you really don't have a clue what you
are doing. It's always been part of my "KISS THEORY" when using machinery!

Camera's? No problem hand me one and I go into automatic mode of what to do.
The rest of the techie stuff?  Not a hope! :-) I am clueless! But I do have
great fun, get lucky and come up with some neat results. Better still I
actually get paid for using a camera that pretty well runs on automatic! ;-)

By the same token on the LUG there are many people who really understand how
to do the  adjustments and are extremely helpful. Another aspect of the LUG
family being the family it is.

ted

Replies: Reply from kennybod at mac.com (Kenneth Frazier) ([Leica] More new Leica pics....#7 - #10)