Subject: [Leica] Was OH NO!....Now, lens characteristics...
From: kennybod at mac.com (Kenneth Frazier)
Date: Mon Aug 15 20:26:18 2005

don.dory@gmail.com (Don Dory) wrote:

>Don't succomb to this disease.  Go out and shoot film.  If you are for
>some reason in a shop and see a bright shiny bauble, leave
>immediately: go and shoot some pictures.

thanks, Don...I will run fast in the opposite direction.

I asked about lens characteristics because I noticed that my Summarit
seems to take more fiddling to focus than my Summicron DR, and I didn't
know whether that was just the lens, or something else.  It's also true
of my screw-mount Summicron 50, which I took out shooting today and
remembered so much why I like it.  I like the look the Summarit gives,
especially the out of focus areas, as you point out.

I've noticed the same thing with my other "favorite," the Tele-Elmarit
90.  It has a lovely out of focus area, and it seems to take a bit more
fiddling to get a sharp focus.

Or, maybe it's my eyes!  :-)

I don't spend a lot of time worrying about all this.  Mainly, I just
like to make pictures.

Ken
--
The Rev. Kenneth Frazier