Subject: [Leica] DMR and my R8 - not getting along at all.
From: faneuil at gmail.com (Eric Korenman)
Date: Mon Aug 15 19:58:30 2005

So.. the DMR arrived today..
I think my R8 may be older than I thought. It doesn't seem to play
well with the DMR.

Here is my "HELP!" post to the leica forum:

----

Just got my DMR today. It mated easily to my R8.
Seems to work ok until I try to take a series of shots. Suddenly after
4 or 5 shots, the shuter will fire but the drive will not recock the
shutter.

When this happens I can still push the shutter release and the digital
back 'thinks' it is taking pictures, but the shutter will not fire and
the results (of course) are blackness.

Only way to get out this 'jam' is to disconnect the drive unit and
reconnect it.

Plus, to my ear, the motor sounds wimpy compared to my motor drive --
which stills works perfectly well when I switch back to film & drive.

HELP!

thanks,
Eric

Replies: Reply from msadat at gmail.com (mehrdad) ([Leica] DMR and my R8 - not getting along at all.)