Subject: [Leica] Some DMR testing by digitaloutback.com
From: ericm at pobox.com (Eric)
Date: Wed Aug 10 15:42:59 2005

> http://www.outbackphoto.com/reviews/equipment/leica_dmr/leica_dmr.html

> The Leica R9 with DMR costs about the same as a Canon 1Ds Mk. II. Also
> the DMR 10MP are not that way off from the 16MP of the 1Ds2. We
> photographed a brick wall with two top lenses that are highly rated at
> photodo.com (both lenses are rated at 4.5, that is nearly as good as
> it gets).
>
>     * Leica R9 + DMR + APO Macro Elmarit R 100mm f/2.8
>     * Canon 1Ds Mk. II + Canon 135mm f/2 8, we think this is our sharpest
> lens)

> As you can see the 1Ds Mk. II provides quite a bit more detail to work
> with.
> In any case we most of the time we would be happy with the DMR resolution.

Either this is a misprint, or they're under a misconception.  The 135/2.8
lens by Canon isn't in the same league as the 100/2.8 Elmarit.  It's rated
3.9 at photodo.

If this is, indeed, the lens they used, it speaks volumes of the Canon.
$340 Canon lens vs $3400 Leica lens, and they see more detail from the Canon
one.

If this is a misprint and they used the 135/2 lens, it still says something.
$900 Canon lens still beats $3400 Leica lens.

--
Eric
http://canid.com/

Replies: Reply from msadat at gmail.com (mehrdad) ([Leica] Some DMR testing by digitaloutback.com)