Subject: [Leica] OT: Scanning B&W film via a Nikon LS-4000 vs. a Minolta Elite 5400
From: richard-lists at imagecraft.com (Richard)
Date: Sun Aug 7 12:19:58 2005

Heee heee, this is exactly why I do the tests - what others say vs. what I
actually find out. First of all, the Elite 5400 is slightly older, does
have the grain dissolver as an option. This is the one I tested. The new
Elite 5400II is faster but it is not clear whether the grain dissolver is
there or not.

Any case, there is no noticeable difference in grey scale gradation
reproduction and shadow areas either. I think my sample pictures on the
engine well demonstrate this and partly the reason I chose it.

use richard at imagecraft.com)

Message from luisripoll at telefonica.net (Luis Ripoll) ([Leica] OT: Scanning B&W film via a Nikon LS-4000 vs. a Minolta Elite 5400)