Subject: [Leica] OT: Scanning B&W film via a Nikon LS-4000 vs. a MinoltaElite 5400
From: kennybod at mac.com (Kenneth Frazier)
Date: Sun Aug 7 06:01:01 2005

mail@steveunsworth.co.uk (Steve Unsworth) wrote:

>Richard, myself and others
>disagreed with this and a lengthy thread has ensued.

I would also disagree with that.  I'm currently using the Nikon IV and
Epson 4180, and I get acceptable results with both, 35mm and MF.   Now,
what's "acceptable" for me may not be acceptable for others, and in the
digital darkroom a lot depends on one's use and knowledge of
Photoshop/GIMP, etc., as well as the various scanning packages.

Further, "acceptable" for what?  Displaying on the web, printing on
inkjet printer, which printer and ink combination, copying to CD for
family and friends, etc.?

Ken
--
The Rev. Kenneth Frazier