Subject: [Leica] Protecting your eyeglasses from your older M
From: Grduprey at aol.com (Grduprey@aol.com)
Date: Tue Aug 2 10:36:57 2005

In a message dated 8/1/2005 9:22:10 PM Central Daylight Time,
msmall@aya.yale.edu writes:
Wimps use plastic or rubber rings and the like but these ought to be
unnecessary:  modern lenses are REALLY tough and if you guys are buying
quality lenses, then Bob's your uncle.  If you are relying on the latest
designer models for $1.99 at your village Econo-Mart, well, you pays the
cheap price and you runs the risk of failure.

Marc

You obviously do not know what you are talking about.  I use the best
plastic
lenses with Titanium frames.  The frames hold up but I have yet to find any
plastic lens that does not scratch.  My latest set scratched within the
first
week, and they are supposed to have the latest in anti scratch technology.

Gene