Subject: [Leica] Piercings and Tatoos
From: images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley)
Date: Sun Jul 31 14:33:38 2005

At 04:41 PM 7/31/2005, you wrote:
>ah, so there was, from an american POV, a good reason for the bride
>and groom to be unhappy????

Yes.

>do you know a lot about the people involved?  are the bride and groom
>"americanized" so they might not like the idea of an arranged
>marriage as much as people who are more steeped in/adherent to
>traditional pakistani culture might be?

There was quite a conflict between generations even about the
photography.  The father is a leader in the Muslim community and was
very enthusiastic about supporting the documentary project to help
teach others about the Muslim religion, but he objects to photography
in general. The bride is wanted lots of photos like the ones she has
seen in Brides magazine but the family wouldn't hire a regular
wedding photographer.  She is Americanized but very devoted to her
family and respects strict Muslim traditions. The mother did not want
any photography at all but she was very polite and nice to me in
spite of that.  It was an interesting experience!

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
www.tinamanley.com