Subject: [Leica] If you could get any leica lens for free, which one would you pic k?
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sat Jul 30 08:18:08 2005

Adam Bridge showed:
Subject: Re: [Leica] If you could get any leica lens for free,which one
would you pic k?

> Unfortunately I'm moving my studio downstairs (and giving up a space I
> truly love but this will make my knees love ME better so I'll live
> with it.) However a week ago we went to Point Reyes Station and
> Tomales Bay. While I was out I shot this:
> > The Kite Stander:
> > <http://www.adambridge.com/Photos/2005/07/22/_L3U4273.jpg>

Hi Adam,
I fine shot using the 560 as it gives a nice separation from the background
and makes the kite flier stand out as only a long lens will create.

However me old son, that pole in the foreground is a killer and it has to
go.

Crop the picture at a point where the grasses just begin to appear sharp,
not more than 1/4 inch as the picture appears on screen and wham the subject
just pops off the screen and the post is gone! :-) Do not go too high and as
the marker point is the beginning of the grass becoming sharp.

Damn fine photo with the touch of cropping. I tried it and it sure makes a
major difference making the flyer stand out even more so.  Good on you. :-)

ted

Message from abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge) ([Leica] If you could get any leica lens for free, which one would you pic k?)