Subject: [Leica] RE: Maco in Perceptol
From: puff11 at comcast.net (Norm Aubin)
Date: Thu Jul 28 19:03:20 2005

Hey Alistair,

Glad to share - I've used Perceptol 1:2 and 1:3 for about 10 minutes and 13
minutes respectively, for any of a number of films, Delta 100, 400, FP4 and
HP5 and Maco as well.  Times are a little different for each, which is why I
say about.

For the Maco 820 I used 10 minutes, which is a good starting point, since
zone calibrations are pretty much meaningless for that film.  I've also used
Di-Zactol on that film, (Barry Thornton's catechol based developer), but
frankly it prints or scans perfectly well using Perceptol, and I'll bet
X-Tol would work wonders with it.

I exposed at ASA200, opened up six stops for the filter, and then bracketed
in 1 stop increments, and for most shots that provided adequate coverage.
Some day I'll have enough time to actually get to know this IR film well
enough to do predictable work with it, for now I'm glad other folks like
yourself are continuing the explorations!

Good luck, and let us know how it works for you,
Norm

Message: 2