Subject: [Leica] luka...
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Thu Jul 28 07:48:31 2005

Steve Barbour showed proudly, ;-)
 > equal time for the new grandson, Luka...4 weeks old...and his proud papa.
>
> http://www.leica-gallery.net/barbour/image-85976.html <

Hi Steve,
Good one! Nice to have a new subject to start on again as you've covered
Soleil as she's grown.

Apart from a tiny bit of cropping, slight slice off the top to get away from
the lighter edge of the chair and light, even if you go into the proud
father's hairline slightly will keep the viewer's eye directly to Luka.

Some burn down on the highlight area top right corner would keep the eyes
concentrated to the child. And if you really want to get working at it ;-) A
very tiny burn down from the top left corner diagonally down to the father's
arm without getting into the baby. Now this must be done very very subtly
without any idea it's been done. And definitely not on to the baby!

And I might do a similar darkening on the fathers leg, but again this must
be done so lightly without getting into the baby. If we were in the darkroom
I could show you in about 30 seconds! ;-) However, on the screen I'm still
wet behind the ears for creating subtle effects, but I'm getting there.

If you do these slight changes I'm sure you'll be surprised at how much Luka
pops off the page. Even though at the moment he does pretty well with the
absolute correct focus point on his eyes!:-)

Good on on you! And I'm sure we'll see many more photos of Luka. Actually I
expect we'll see "G kid pictures" becoming a "pair of grand kids" shortly.
:-)

ted

Replies: Reply from kididdoc at cox.net (Steve Barbour) ([Leica] luka...)
Message from kididdoc at cox.net (Steve Barbour) ([Leica] luka...)