Subject: [Leica] New LHSA Viewfinder
From: sethrosner at nycap.rr.com (Seth Rosner)
Date: Wed Jul 27 09:12:51 2005

Hello G Medina:

One subscribes to VIEWFINDER magazine by becoming a member of LHSA - the
Leica Historical Society of America. One can do so on the website:

www.lhsa.org

It gives me the opportunity to mention to the LUG list that the Society is
just now completing a project of scanning every issue of VIEWFINDER magazine
going back 38 years. We will provide every LHSA member, as a member benefit
and without further charge, with a DVD disk containing every issue. As well,
we are now making current issues of VIEWFINDER  available on the member page
of our website, in addition, of course, to cxontinuing the print publication
whose reproduction of images is superior to what is available on the
website.

This year's Annual Meeting takes place in San Francisco October 26-30 and a
group of us will be foillowing the conclusion of the meeting with a
side-trip, three nights and two days, to Yosemite to make like 35mm Ansel
Adamses.

Also, tentative planning is under way to hold the 2006 Annual Meeting in
Wetzlar and Solms, to coincide with the conclusion of Photokina. It will
include a visit to Photokina, Solms factory visit, Leica FotoSchule in
Braunfels and our usual programs and annual membership meeting. This is not
yet set but we have had very positive feedback from members both in North
America and Europe.

Lots of reasons to consider joining LHSA. We really are not a bunch of old
f---ts sitting fondling our original Ur-Leicas.

Y'all come!

Seth

P.S. Pres, LHSA