Subject: [Leica] Portrait of Composer George Crumb
From: KCassidy at asc.upenn.edu (Kyle Cassidy)
Date: Mon Jul 25 08:50:56 2005

No latex, no piercings. I knew that only leica glass could do this one
justice.

A portrait of composer George Crumb.

http://www.asc.upenn.edu/usr/cassidy/pix/paw/2005/31/2.jpg

when i was in college, the crumb buzz peaked when the kronos quartet
annouced that they had recorded Black Angels, crumb's 1970 reaction to the
vietnam war, long though to be unplayable because of its extreme complexity.
everybody was listening to it. the recording is brilliant -- melodic,
dissonet, frightening -- it was like being shot through the chest with a
violin.

Dr. Crumb himself I found to be affable, pleasant, soft spoken, and
gregarious. All those positive adjectives that you want to attribute to
someone you admire.

Thanks to Jim Shulman with hooking me up with this portrait gig.

Replies: Reply from vintagebill at verizon.net (bill harting) ([Leica] Portrait of Composer George Crumb)
Reply from dennis at hale-pohaku.com (Dennis Painter) ([Leica] Portrait of Composer George Crumb)
Reply from don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory) ([Leica] Portrait of Composer George Crumb)
Reply from ericm at pobox.com (Eric) ([Leica] Portrait of Composer George Crumb)