Subject: [Leica] OT-travel question NE US
From: woc2 at earthlink.net (Bill O'Connell)
Date: Sun Jul 24 09:19:17 2005

Mike,
  Just picked up the 1st portion of the trip.  As someone that has done a
fair amount of long distance runs, this is probably pushing it.  It would
seem to be about a 15 hour trip under good conditions, which you are
unlikely to have given you will be driving during morning and evening rush
hours that will bog you down.  As you have probably heard from others by
now, consider a stopover.  You might also consider leaving earlier then
midnight to get a better jump and give you more time.
  When we do these trips, I rarely make any reservations in advance unless
there is a particular stop we want to make.  Otherwise it never seems to
work out, either get there to early or to late.  Rather we shoot for towns
and base where we stop  on what is available when I'm tired of driving.