Subject: [Leica] InfraRed photos... WARNING, OMG, not Leica!
From: puff11 at comcast.net (Norm Aubin)
Date: Sat Jul 23 07:48:47 2005

Nathan, Alastair,

I have to second that thought about Maco 820 - I use it in sheet and in 35mm
roll,
Rated at ISO 200, using an approximately 6 stop filter, a Kodak Wratten 87,
and processed in Perceptol 1:2 (my then developer of choice).

Because of the anti-halation layer, and the smother grain from the film
(versus Kodak), I felt it was much better at giving a beautiful IR effect,
but in a smooth tones and sharper image.  Not as dreamy as Kodak, but much
more interesting to look at for any length of time.

I do prefer working with this stuff in a rangefinder camera, and will also
add that the Canonette works good for this when you don't want to commit
your M6 to being loaded with IR film for the duration of a 36 exp. Roll.

Enjoy and please let us see what you do with it!

Norm