Subject: [Leica] Kodak retreats
From: dnygr at cshore.com (dnygr)
Date: Thu Jul 21 11:45:25 2005

I read this morning in The New York Times that Kodak is going to trim 10,000
jobs. Deutsche Welle reports, however, that Kodak is going to shed 25,000
jobs.

Whether this means for the future of film, I don't know, but I do know that
it means I will quickly start to figure out what products to buy as
replacements for the Kodak items I use. They have lost my confidence.

I would have thought that Kodak would keep some presence in the film world
so that it could outlast the lesser capitalized companies, but it looks like
Kodak's chief has ordered a general retreat.

Doug Nygren

Replies: Reply from sethrosner at nycap.rr.com (Seth Rosner) ([Leica] Kodak retreats)