Subject: [Leica] My new pocket camera
From: richard-lists at imagecraft.com (Richard)
Date: Wed Jul 20 15:20:51 2005

When I went to Keeble & Schucat to pick up some Rapid Fixer couple weeks
ago, I jokingly said that I am moving backward in times, and I probably
will do glass plates at some points. We had a good laugh... Last week, I
picked up a good condition Olympus XA on EBay. I had one twenty some years
ago and stopped using it only because the rewind crank broke. Always miss
having a small camera that doesn't need much juice, on "immediately," and
allow manual controls.

Took a roll of Tri X and it seems to work just fine. Only problem is that
the pictures do not have that Leica punch :-) but then at $50 vs. $5000, I
guess it's much better than 1% as good :-)

use richard at imagecraft.com)

Replies: Reply from geebee at geebeephoto.com (GeeBee) ([Leica] My new pocket camera)
Reply from langeratcarleton at gmail.com (Mark Langer) ([Leica] My new pocket camera)