Subject: [Leica] 1.35V to 1.5 V battery options--follow up question for Ms. Nakamura
From: john.o.newell at comcast.net (John O. Newell)
Date: Mon Jul 18 10:47:09 2005

> how much do you adjust ISO?
> Is there an across- the- board rule?

I don't think there's any general rule.  First, circuit designs varied, and
I've been told that some (like the Yashica Electro series) are insensitive
to over-voltage (within reasonable limits) and therefore don't need
reduction of voltage (or any other compensating adjustments, like changing
the ISO setting of the meter).  Second, the cells in these meters are by
definition getting pretty old, and may or may not have changed their
sensitivity.

I would check any given camera or meter against a known accurate meter and
see what the difference is.  Because of the possibility of non-linear
differences, I'd check both bright and dim lighting conditions.

John Newell