Subject: Subject: Re: [Leica] New toy (IIIf + Elmar)
From: vroger at gmail.com (Victor Rubin)
Date: Sat Jul 9 06:14:58 2005

Funny thing Daniel- (by the way those shots with the "new toy" show
that its not just a toy in your hands)- as I sit here at my computer
on Saturday AM, there is next to me on the desk- the lens hood for
that lens. Got it  many years ago at "Spiratone" (remember them?) in
New York for my Elmar 3.5. Its threads (male) are a tiny bit smaller
in diameter than a dime (also on my desk). Filters are the same size,
and probably can take the place of the coating. I have seen them at
camera fairs here and in the UK. They are around. The problem with the
hood ( I will try to send you a picture off line, if I can get to it
later this weekend), is that it has chrome parts which surround the
lens- and they are surrounded by a matt collapsing rubber hood. The
chrome defeats the purpose of stray refelections in sunlight I would
think. It does give you a series 5 thread for other filters, however.
These items must also be around. vroger

Replies: Reply from jgovindaraj at eth.net (Jayanand Govindaraj) (Subject: Re: [Leica] New toy (IIIf + Elmar))
Reply from luisripoll at telefonica.net (Luis Ripoll) ([Leica] Opinions about diffeent Leica 21mm)