Subject: [Leica] Single Malt drinking recommendations
From: woc2 at earthlink.net (Bill O'Connell)
Date: Sat Jul 2 23:06:02 2005

Joseph,
  I debated tossing that very same single malt in.  In my humble and very
unsophisticated Scotch opinion, Midleton is superb.  Should you ever find
yourself in the Phila area I would be glad to open one of the wooden boxes
and share a glass while discussing various Leica topics of course.  I must
admit never having gone thru the effort to learn to appreciate Scotch,
seemed to me there were enough other beverages available that I already
liked.  I have tried the 'better' Scotch single malts and still go back to
Midleton.  Further showing my lack of class in fine sipping, one of the
biggest disappointments was Louis XIII.  One night after dinner the owner
mentioned he had an unopened bottle in his office.  Within a few minutes it
was opened and 5 very expensive glasses poured.  Did not like it at all.
  While off topic on such things, a while back I came across a bottle of
Courvoisier VOC.  Simple but elegant bottled in a Baccarat crystal ship's
decanter.  Being the initials of She Who Must Be Obeyed, it was a no brainer
for that Christmas.  Was surprised how few folks knew what VOC meant (to
Courvoisier, not me).

Bill