Subject: [Leica] Re: where oh where is the DMR?
From: FELIXMATURANA at telefonica.net (Félix López de Maturana)
Date: Thu Jun 30 09:17:33 2005

>I hated the non-FF issue at first. But then my 80-200/2.8 Nikon became a
>300/2.8 which has saved my Arse many times at ceremonies.
>
>Chris

Neither I like the FF flames, Chris, but your 80-200 still is a 80-200
where you only use a part of image. If you crop more it will get an
smaller image equivalent to a 600mm f2.8 but with *less* pixels and if
you produce a sensor smaller and plenty of pixels the image will be
worse than the same number of pixels in *bigger* sensor. Again I'm
speaking about what happens in real world in my own real experience as I
had in my hands every camera concerned. I only lack using the DMR but is
a question of time.

Regards

Felix
"El que calla, otorga..."