Subject: [Leica] RE: creative slump
From: puff11 at comcast.net (Norm Aubin)
Date: Fri Jun 24 19:42:11 2005

Rob,

Been there - often . . know the feeling . .

I recently went to my dentist's office and asked if I could shoot portraits
and action shots while he worked, spent a few hours and shot a few rolls of
B&W - great shots, several that the dentist and his helpers want for
themselves.

Got a hold of my eldest son and said - "We're going to shoot a black and
white - film noir - story.  You script it, we'll collaborate" and made a 48
image story of the adventure.  We went to the office, then the train
station, and acted out a detective/spy story - got a few friends to roll
play, came out great.

Hired a good friend to do some figure work, outside, on the rocks, flesh
versus rock,
IR and B&W, fantastic stretch of the imagination!

Went to the florist and bought some flowers, made for myself the assignment
- shoot flowers with only one light - go graphic, or go romantic, but either
way - work it with one light.

Got in the car and went searching for the images, didn't find any, had a
great day driving around and felt no guilt for it!  Sometimes it's just
plain okay to be in the now, and not worry about making an image.  When you
have nothing to say, it's better to stay quiet.

Enjoy the freedom to not have to create on demand!

Take care,
Norm