Subject: [Leica] was: 20d/d70/rd1 now: black or chrome
From: Grduprey at aol.com (Grduprey@aol.com)
Date: Thu Jun 23 21:07:05 2005

In a message dated 6/23/2005 5:55:27 AM Central Daylight Time,
rangefinder@screengang.com writes:
But black anodizing is in fact much cheaper to produce and offers less
protection than nickeling and chroming,

Black anodizing is a very tough surface, and lasts very well.  My R4SP has
no
evidence of damage or wear after over 15 years of shooting in every kind on
condition.  I don't see where it is any worse than nickeling and chrome
surfaces.  In many cases it is even better.

Gene