Subject: [Leica] Soccer advertizing
From: lrzeitlin at aol.com (Lawrence Zeitlin)
Date: Wed Jun 22 15:03:27 2005

<<We have to remember that there is a pro league in the US that has
surprisingly lasted 10 years and has actually seen its tv contracts
increase as well as seeing stadium built and being built specifically
for the teams. Having said that, soccer is my most favorite sport and
I follow the English leagues almost exclusively. It is very, very rare
for me to turn on MLS as I find the play a bit haphazard and the
atmosphere to be awful (if I never hear another one of those plastic
airhorns it will be too soon).>>

=========

Advertizing is handled differently in the English Premier League. Every
player wears an advertizing logo prominently placed on the front of his
jersey. The walls of the stadium are lined with advertizing signs, some
with full animation. On TV the halftime break is devoted to continuous
commercials. I suspect that the amount of TV viewer exposure to
advertizments is about the same as in an American football game. And, of
course, there are no air horns in the UK, just stupid fan chanting.

Larry Z