Subject: [Leica] Re: new LHSA camera is being worked on but something is wrong about
From: dlridings at gmail.com (Daniel Ridings)
Date: Wed Jun 22 04:03:10 2005

Not really disagreeing with what you say, but I would adjust "the one
time the company took a real step forward" to "one (of the two times)
the company took a real step forward" ... The M's were quite a deal
compared to the screwmounts.

I'm one of those old-fashioned ones who don't really long for a meter
in the camera. Kills the company, mind you. I would have been
satisfied (and have been) with the M2 or M4. Wonder what had happened
if they quit doing r&d investments for bodies at the stage of the M4
and said: "this is it. Now we just cash in." The photography magazines
would have stopped writing about them (they have anyway).

Unfortunately, the cameras are just too good. There was no reason for
anyone to buy a new one, once they had one. Bad marketing. :-)

Daniel

Replies: Reply from scott at adrenaline.com (Scott McLoughlin) ([Leica] Re: new LHSA camera is being worked on but something is wrong about)
Message from bdcolen at comcast.net (B. D. Colen) ([Leica] Re: new LHSA camera is being worked on but something is wrong about)