Subject: [Leica] Last one standing
From: dnygr at cshore.com (dnygr)
Date: Thu Jun 16 04:20:29 2005

While Kodak has already stopped making the one paper I did buy from them (an
RC paper ideal for hand-coloring) and while I have felt that Kodak was a
wayward company even before the digital revolution (one certain Japanese
company was beating Kodak's pants off with its color films), I am surprised
that Kodak is throwing in the towel.

I figured they had deep enough pockets and enough staying power to remain a
player until everyone else folded and that they could then raise their
prices to be profitable in the greatly reduced market for film and film
related products.

That won't be the case.

I thought mediocrity would win out, that crabgrass would triumph over
strawberries.

Whether anything will be able to survive remains to be seen. I hope the
disappearance of Kodak will help the better film, paper and chemical makers.

Doug Nygren

Replies: Reply from lmc at interlink.es (Luis Miguel Castañeda) ([Leica] Last one standing)