Subject: [Leica] Re: Erwin's Latest
From: gregj.lorenzo at shaw.ca (GREG LORENZO)
Date: Tue Jun 14 07:11:17 2005

Arthur Peterson writes in part:

> Three quarters of a century
> ago, Cartier-Bresson was taking better photographs with his
> technologically deprived (i.e., by today's standards) Leicas than
> I'm taking today with the latest electronic bodies and aspherical
> lenses.  And if using equipment as antiquated as his would enable
> me to take photographs as good as his, I'd trade my modern
> equipment for it in an instant.

Which company was making the best glass in the world at that time?

It seems HCB was concerned that his images were being exposed on a
film plane with Leica glass in front of it.

Regards,

Greg

Replies: Reply from bdcolen at comcast.net (B. D. Colen) ([Leica] Re: Erwin's Latest)
Reply from feli2 at earthlink.net (Feli) ([Leica] Re: Erwin's Latest)