Subject: [Leica] shooting with the 180 F3.4 APO
From: dorysrus at mindspring.com (Don Dory)
Date: Sun Jun 12 16:11:04 2005

Vick,
I don't think that you could find a better lens with the exception of close
focusing.  I have a three cam version as well as a Canon 200 F2.8 and have a
reasonable amount of time on a 180 ED.

As others have written, sharpness, micro detail, color saturation, and flare
resistance are extremely good, better than the lenses that you have asked
about.  As to close focus, I carry a divided extension tube for when I need
a closer look.  I have also held up a 6T to the lens for much closer use.

With all that, if you are shooting with a Nikon system, the 180 ED is no
slouch.  With most photographers using a 70(80)-200 zoom all these lenses
give really good value for the money and weight carried.

Don
dorysrus@mindspring.com