Subject: [Leica] OT: famous female Leica photographers
From: tim at KairosPhoto.com (Timothy Atherton)
Date: Sat Jun 11 11:58:36 2005

> > She was also badly injured - in Beirut I think it was
>
> When all the other photographers were searching for shelter, there was
> one photographer standing and shooting, Catherine Leroy. She's a star
> in the PJ world allright!
>
> All the best from the south of France!
>
> Tarek

PS - she is also featured in Peter Howe's book "Shooting Under Fire"

One fairly unique aspect of her Vietnam work is photogorahs of North
Vietnamese troops in action in Hue as a result of being "captured" or at
least detained by the NVA - which images were featured on the cover of Life,
as well as the usual US operations

Her site is here

http://www.pieceuniquegallery.com/leroy/cl_gallery.html

http://www.pieceuniquegallery.com/leroy/cl_bio.html

(she runs pieceuniquegallery with work from photographers in Vietnam as well
as this being her personal photo page)

tim

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] OT: famous female Leica photographers)